Posted Thu, 03/26/2020 – 01:05
- Nuclear Power’s Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Smokescreen
- Are small nuclear reactors a clean energy solution?
- Small modular reactors: an introduction and an obituary
- Small modular reactors and the culture wars by Jim Green
- Nuclear power: a false solution to Climate Change
- Nuclear Nonsense: Why Nuclear Power is No Answer to Climate Change
- Nuclear power and climate change. Friends of the Earth, Australia
- Small modular reactors have little appeal, Climate News Network
- Should we subsidize nuclear power to fight climate change?
click on titles to see the articles
Posted Mon, 01/27/2020 – 12:57
Uranium is currently fissioned in nuclear reactors to produce electrical energy. Thorium adherents rightfully say that uranium-fueled reactors pose undesirable financial, security, weapons proliferation, emissions, decommissioning, waste management, environmental, and health risks.
However, replacing uranium fuel with thorium would not fix these problems.
Click below for full article.
Posted Thu, 11/14/2019 – 15:50
“Thus the current real-world enthusiasm for small-reactor construction has little to do with climate-friendly environmentalism (or even the peculiar form of faux environmentalism practised by the nuclear industry and its lobbyists) and lots to do with fossil fuel mining. Another example comes from Canada, where one potential application of SMRs under consideration is providing power and heat for the extraction of hydrocarbons from oil sands.”
Posted Fri, 10/12/2018 – 20:22
The Catch-22 is that Small Reactors are NOT cheaper than large reactors, quite the contrary! Because of the safety features that must be included in order to be licensed, needed to contain the enormous inventory of intensely radioactive fission products and extremely radiotoxic actinides and prevent them from escaping, these SMR’s can only begin to break even if they are purchased in the hundreds or thousands of units. The economies of scale only kick in when they are mass-produced. So mass marketing is absolutely essential.
see Attachment below for full and printable article