Posted Wed, 01/22/2014 – 01:54
Please join others and sign the Petition
Why this is important
- Finding safe ways of storing radioactive wastes so that they do not leak radiation into the environment has proved to be a difficult task.
- The spent fuel rods from a nuclear reactor are the most radioactive of all nuclear wastes.
- Harmful to the environment and our community.
- Could come in contact with human population centers and wildlife, posing a great danger to them.
- Nuclear power is very expensive and moreover, many alternatives are available which can reduce CO2 emissions far more effectively, for infinite time periods, and at far lower costs, such as wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, tidal, biomass etc.
This committee is working towards making sure that residents’ concerns are addressed.